Pages

Wednesday 5 February 2014

Crochet baskets

I am a little obsessed with crochet at the moment. The internet is to blame.....all those lovely blogs and Pinterest boards just make me want to sit down, get my hook and yarn out and fill my home with colourful throws and cushions. I made some baskets as a start; actually the first basket I made, in white, blue and grey, I gave to my sister for her newly decorated bedroom. I filled it with cotton wool balls and she was thrilled to bits with it. Of course, I omitted to take any photos of it.

However, I had caught the basket bug and it wasn't long before I had three more, one for bits and bobs (the white one), one to throw our cars keys into in the hall (the blue one) and one to store some yarn in (the BIG one).





My fabric stash has always been the sadly neglected sibling of my yarn stash, a sorry situation that I am now correcting with some gusto. Here is a selection of my most recent purchases.

Endless possibilities for these.


I'm thinking of embroidering around some of those wonderful butterflies.
I fell in love with these gorgeous pansies, what fantastic colours.
 I thought that the pansy fabric would make great cushion covers, perhaps as patchwork? I searched through my yarn stash and found these balls of 4 ply wool. The blue is alpaca, cashmere and silk so you can imagine how soft that yarn is. A nice crochet throw to complement the fabric would work a treat. I plan to outline all the crochet squares with a soft pale grey.

Thanks for dropping by.
Until next time, take care and happy crafting!

2 comments: