Pages

Monday 24 February 2014

The joys of decorating

Sorry for the lack of posts, but we have been decorating our living room. Any sort of work in this room causes upheaval because we have hundreds, if not thousands, of books and they all need moving out of the way. Ripping out the awful nylon carpet we inherited when we bought the house and laying a solid wood floor has added to the chaos, though has been enormously satisfying. I have decided to take a break from painting today and concentrate on choosing fabric for the curtains and blinds. I always sew my own, which I enjoy doing, but oh dear, I do procrastinate over the choice of fabric. A very pleasant problem to have though. Do you cogitate for days over these sort of decisions or do you know instantly what you want?

Mothering Sunday is coming up in March, here in the UK, and I have started making a gift for my lovely mum, a crocheted granny square cushion cover. I will post a photo when I have finished making it.


I have popped this photo in to cheer up those of you who are affected by grey, miserable weather at the moment. I took this picture on a warm, sunny day last summer, on a walk along the north Cornish coast. Don't you just want to go swimming in that gorgeous blue sea? Oh well, dream on for a few months longer. I love the architectural shape of this umbellifer plant and plan to use this as inspiration for my living room blinds. I am thinking of adding some simple white embroidery to a lovely grey linen, though isn't that creamy white against the deep blue absolutely wonderful!

I have been thinking about another venture that I would value your opinion on. There is an excellent blog by the very talented Clara Parkes that provides comprehensive reviews of yarns aimed at knitters, knittersreview. Being based in the USA the yarns reviewed are predominantly those that can be bought there, though she does review some British yarns such as Rowan. I was wondering whether knitters and crocheters would appreciate a review blog concentrating on British and European yarns. It is something that I would enjoy doing, in fact, it would be a labour of love for me. An excuse to buy tons of different yarn and knit samples, my idea of bliss. So, what do you think? Would I be stepping on toes if I did this?

Thanks for dropping by.
X


No comments:

Post a Comment